Tuesday 25 March 2014

B E A U T Y | Real Techniques Brushes.


I'm not sure what it is, but there is something about make up brushes that seem to draw me in. Real Techniques brushes have been so hyped up on the blogger/YouTube world, and so they should be. When I got my hands on my first one, that was it I decided I need them all. Although I'm not there just yet .. I'm working on it.

The Real Techniques brushes have been created by the Pixiwoo sisters, Samantha and Nicola Chapman. They claim to "use high-tech materials with innovative design" to create the best looks that are easy but in a way that is accessible to all. They also colour code their brushes into the key steps, base, finish and eyes to ensure your make up always looks on point. 

BASE


POWDER BRUSH
This one is pretty self explanatory, I use it to set my whole face after finishing the rest of my make up, as this allows the foundation to sink into the skin better. Its great for both pressed powder and loose. I tend to use translucent powder just so that I don't lose any of the colour in my face and risk look all ghostly. 

BUFFING BRUSH
This is my favourite foundation brush. It's great to put foundation on and buff into the skin to create a flawless base. It also reduces the risk of me walking out the house with that annoying line around the jaw that really doesn't look all that great.

STIPPLING BRUSH
The stippling brush I haven't used much yet, but that's because it is better for a lighter coverage using things such as tinted moisturiser or a BB cream. So this will be great in the summery weather. It creates a perfect finish and allows the product to sink into the skin. It has to be used in a stippling motion so sort of bouncing it on the skin.

POINTED FOUNDATION BRUSH
Although this is supposed to be used for foundation to create the base of your make-up, I have found that it works far better for me to use it for concealer. It is perfect for under the eyes, blemishes and any red areas, purely because it is such a great size yet it allows you to blend it in well. I also like to use it for highlighting the brow bone using a highlighter such as the YSL Touche Eclat. It just seems to get into all the nooks and crannys.

FINISH


BLUSH BRUSH
The blush brush I have found is far too big to use for blusher on my face, I tend to end up looking way too pink. So for me it works better for bronzer, it's just the right size to put the bronzer where I want it to go without me looking like an umpa-lumpa. It also works for me blending it in well. 

CONTOUR BRUSH
The contour brush, again i never use for contouring haha. I tend to use it for blusher because it allows me to get the blush just where I want it. It also works well for highlighting your cheekbones with a powder highlighter such as the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish.

RETRACTABLE KABUKI BRUSH
This is a new release from the collection and it's great, it's so different to anything they've brought out before. The added feature of it being retractable is great because it stops bacteria from getting into the bristles and protects the shape of the bristles. Although I haven't had this one long, so far I've found this my go to powder highlighting brush and it's also good for a powder blush it tends to fit the apples of the cheeks well.

EYES


ACCENT BRUSH
The accent brush I find great for smudging eyeliner or eye shadow on my waterline for whenever I'm doing a smokey eye. This is because it allows me to place the eye shadow exactly where i want it and then smudge it out without making too much mess.

DETAILER BRUSH
Although the detailer brush is meant to be for the base of your face I find it perfect for highlighting the tear-ducts of my eyes with an eye shadow. Its the perfect size so I don't end up looking like a shimmery nightmare. 

PIXEL-POINT EYELINER BRUSH
This brush I don't tend to use very often but when I do I just use it to finish off my eye shadow look to pick out any colour that has got lost under darker shades, just to help emphasise it and blend it in.

BROW BRUSH
The brow brush has now become my go-to one, it is absolutely brilliant. It is sturdy and allows you to get the colour just where you want it, without it smudging anywhere. It is precise and creates defined lines to give you that perfect brow shape. 

BASE SHADOW BRUSH
Out of all of the eye shadow brushes this is probably my favourite, I use it for not only the base but it is also great for blending in all the colours. It's great for this because it's so fluffy and it doesn't lose any of the colour when smudging.

DELUXE CREASE BRUSH
This brush is great for the crease of the eye and just creating the perfect smokey eye. I tend to only use it for the outer corner of the eye just to add the darkest colours and smudge it where I want it. It also works well for buffing in concealer on blemishes because it keeps the concealer just where you want it, but allows it to sink in perfectly. 

Check out their collection yourself here, and their YouTube channel here.

Have you tried them? Which is your favourite? 
x


No comments:

Post a Comment