Tuesday 2 December 2014

CHRISTMAS | Feelin' Festive.



Over the last couple of days the festive spirit has hit me like the warmth hits when you walk in from the cold. Yesterday morning I woke up and felt like a ten year old all over again, walking into the kitchen with the lovely greeting of opening the first little door on my advent calendar with my brother. You're just never too old for an advent calendar. Right?

I just felt so overwhelmed with the warm feeling inside when you know Christmas is fast approaching. I really wanted to share a bit of joy with each and every one of you. So I thought I would share my festive little weekend.


Saturday was such a magical day, my uncle got married! It was a small, but idyllic winter wedding. Starting the day off listening to some good old Christmas songs whilst myself and mum got ready together.

Can we all just appreciate how beautiful she looks, I was in such astonishment at seeing her in a dress, and oh my god does she pull it off. 

We then travelled over to my grandparents house and took some photographs. The service was held in the dainty viallage registry office, tears were shed and nothing but love was surrounding the room.

 We then had a beautiful meal out with immediate family as we toasted to the newly weds and their future. Finally they had the evening 'do' with their closest friends and family members, it's always lovely to see and catch up with people you haven't seen in so long over a nice glass of Pinot.

The happy couple have now jetted off for the honeymoon dreams are made of in New York City. Can you think of anywhere more perfect at this time of year?

I wish them all the happiness in the world, God knows they deserve it.



Hectic day of weddings over, Sunday was spent how all Sundays should. Doing nothing but relaxing. I wrapped a few Christmas presents with Christmas songs blasting through the whole house. 

To finish off the perfect weekend I made my room into a little Christmas wonderland and settled down with a cup of tea and watched 'The Holiday' before the joys of reality hit on Monday morning.

I hope all of you are feeling festive too!
x







No comments:

Post a Comment